About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Thursday, July 25, 2019

What our America looks like. KAMALA HARRIS.


David,
I want to start by saying thank you. You’re committed to doing the work it’s going to take to win this election in 2020. It’s not easy work -- but I know that this is probably personal to you.

When you have so many other obligations and commitments, you’re choosing to not sit on the sidelines during this election. You’re standing up and fighting for us to be the best of who we can be.

Right now, we’re at an inflection point in our country’s history. This is a moment in time that requires each of us to look in a mirror and ask one simple question “Who are we?”
Here’s the answer: we are better than this.
I’m calling on each of us to continue to step up and fight for the very soul of our nation. It’s no simple task -- and it’s going to require that each of us push ourselves to give it all we’ve got.
I’m running for president because I believe in our country.
I believe in an America where you only have to work one job to have a roof over your head and put food on the table.
I believe in an America where teachers are paid their value.
I believe in an America where no politician tells a woman what to do with her body.
I believe in an America where health care is a right, not a privilege for just those who can afford it.
I believe in an America where children do not have to worry about going to school in fear of a mass shooting.
I believe in an America where we have a president who understands the greatest strength and the greatest power any one individual can have is not to beat people down, but to lift them up.

It’s going to take all of us working together to win this election and build our America -- together. That’s why I’m reaching out to you again today.

We’re a little under a week away from the next Democratic debate of this campaign, when I will get on stage with nine other incredible Democrats and debate policy and contrast our platforms against one another’s.

Our campaign is powered by people -- not corporate PACs or federal lobbyists. It’s people across the country, stepping up and chipping in whatever amount they can afford, because they believe in our movement -- and in our ability to defeat Donald Trump.



I’m so grateful to have you by my side in this fight. Together, we can win this.
Let’s get to work.
For The People,

— Kamala Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment