About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Thursday, July 4, 2019

This Independence Day. JENNIFER WEXTON.


David,

Today we honor the 243rd anniversary of a document that changed the course of history and laid the foundation for the great nation we have today. We celebrate the spirit of a people who spoke truth to power and determined their own destiny.

We reflect upon the words, written by a Virginian, that speak of our inalienable rights -- to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And we recommit to doing all we can so that every American can share in the promise of these rights.

It is the highest honor of my life to fight for our country’s values as a member of Congress. I know that our challenges are great, but today, I am reminded of just how far we’ve come. And I am more hopeful than ever that we will rise to the duty of making our nation fairer, safer, and more prosperous.

I wish you and yours a happy Independence Day.

Sincerely,

Jennifer.



No comments:

Post a Comment