About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Sunday, May 13, 2018

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE PAT RYAN.

Hi David,
 
Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing moms out there. I know everyone thinks their mom is the best mom, but my mom, Patti Ryan, is the sweetest person in the entire world. (I know a lot of people say this, but if you’ve met her, you know it’s true.) Today, I wanted to share a bit about the woman who raised me.
 
 
From an early age, she taught me to be curious about the world around me and have compassion for everyone in it. Throughout my life, she has always put others first and dedicated her entire life to our community as a first grade teacher at Chambers Elementary School in Kingston.
 
 
She taught me, and many others, how to read, to problem-solve, and to be kind to others. She opened up the entire world for the kids in her class and empowered them every chance she could.
 
 
While I was deployed in Iraq, my mom and her students would send care packages to my unit filled with snacks, supplies, drawings, and letters. I’ll never forget getting these in the mail and writing back to her students to thank them.
 
 
I know my mom always reads my campaign emails, so Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. I wouldn’t be half the man I am today without your love and support throughout my life.
 
Also wishing Happy Mother's Day to my sister Courtney, who just gave birth to her second son. My nephews Alex and Owen are so lucky to have her as a mom. (And if you aren’t my mom or Courtney reading this: I hope you’re spending this Sunday with your loved ones. Happy Mother’s Day.)
 
Talk soon,
Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment