About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Monday, May 28, 2018

[D-28] For those we’ve lost. CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE PAT RYAN.

David -- As flags are lowered to half-staff around the country today, I recall the names and faces of those I know who've made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation. Names like Howard, Flint, Danpier, Wilwerth...and far too many others.
 
Later this afternoon, I’m hosting a BBQ with our volunteers. We’ll come together to remember what this day is about, and to ready ourselves for the final sprint towards our primary election. I’ll thank them for helping to fight for the values that matter most.
 
The folks I know, and the millions of others who have given their lives to protect our freedoms, were on my mind today as I marched in the Kingston Memorial Day parade. We must remember their spirit and honor their willingness to selflessly serve the greater good. When I look around, I see how divided our country has become. To honor the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice, we must come together again. We must focus on finding common ground based on our shared American values. That’s how we’ll get our country back on track. That's what motivates me every day.
 
I hope you'll join me in taking a few minutes today to remember those we've lost.
 
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment