About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Friday, May 4, 2018

[D-52] Photos from the trail. CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE PAT RYAN.

Pat Ryan for Congress
Hi David,
April was a busy month on the campaign trail and I wanted to catch you up on what we’ve been doing on the ground here in NY-19. We turned in thousands of petitions to officially get my name on the ballot.
We also started counting down the days to my primary like we did in the Army. We’re now at [D-52] and we’ve got a lot of work to do. Our team has been crushing our field goals and we’re ramping up our TV and online communication plans this month. Here are some of my favorite highlights from April on the trail:
Stopped by Keegan Ales right here in Kingston to learn about making beer and the booming microbrewing industry here in our district. Great group of folks -- and the brewery is just a short walk from our campaign office.
On the trail, people ask me about how to get young people involved in politics and for me, the best way is to meet them where they’re at. So I headed over to SUNY New Paltz to hang out with the College Dems and we talked about what’s on their mind: healthcare, tuition and student loans, and criminal justice reform.
My lovely wife, Rebecca, joined me for lunch at family-run Dietz Stadium Diner (one of my old hangouts back in high school) to talk with NY-19 voters about what issues they’re focused on this cycle. What strikes me in these conversations is how optimistic folks in NY-19 are about our future, even with the current state of politics.


My Field Organizer, Ciara and I spent the day knocking doors in Amenia. We met Maxine, who is thrilled that I’m running to replace Faso and loved that we came to her door. She even asked us to put a sticker on the bird feeder on her front post so all her neighbors could see!
The team and I also took a stop after canvassing to meet with friends and volunteers at Crossroads Brewing Company in Catskill. Love connecting with local businesses in the district to see how I can go to work for them in Congress.
Ran into Senator Kirsten Gillibrand at the NYS Democratic Rural Conference. Her former House district overlapped with NY-19 and as I travel to those parts of our district, I often think of how Kirsten connected to voters and outworked her opponent to win the race. Sen. Gillibrand is a true progressive champion who fights tirelessly for all of us here in NY-19 and across the state.
I spent Earth Day with my Uncle Mike, cousin Sally-Marie, Aunt Jackie, my wife Rebecca, Uncle Bill, and Aunt Barbara and enjoyed the landscape and the beauty of NY-19. I want to protect our planet so that my kids can enjoy our beautiful landscape like I did growing up.
Here’s a photo of me phone banking with New Paltz High School students. The next day I spoke at my alma mater, Kingston High School. Really pumped to see these students get engaged in politics and humbled that they chose to volunteer for my campaign.

Our campaign team stopped by Keegan Ales after the Radio Kingston forum to celebrate our field organizer Max’s birthday. Thanks for giving your all every day Max! 
Having the chance to talk with voters across the district has been my favorite part of this campaign. Thanks to everyone who’s canvassing, phone banking, coming out to events, and donating to our campaign. Our momentum on the ground is strong. I can’t do this without you all.
Want to join the fun? We're looking for volunteers to knock on doors and make phone calls with us to make sure our message reaches across our district. If you're interested, reach out to our amazing Field Director Brit at Brit@patryanforcongress.com.
I’m looking forward to another great month on the trail meeting voters and sharing what motivates me to run this race. Thanks for being on our team.
Talk soon,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment