About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2018

I'm incredibly proud of our campaign. CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE PAT RYAN.

David -- We're still catching our breath after last night, but I wanted to send a quick note to say THANK YOU!
 
After the polls closed, as we waited for results to come in, I had a moment to step back and reflect on what we've accomplished over the last year. And I'm incredibly proud. 
 
Although we didn't win last night, we delivered a very strong performance in one of the most hotly contested primaries in the country. We tackled tough issues head-on -- from preventing gun violence, to fixing our healthcare system, to combating the opioid crisis. And we were pivotal in driving a massive increase in Democratic turnout across the district (81% higher than last cycle!), setting the foundation for us to win in November.
 
I'm also incredibly grateful. We couldn't have accomplished all of this without your generous support. It's been humbling to have thousands of people selflessly give their time, energy, advice, and hard-earned dollars to power our campaign. I truly can't thank you enough.
 
Driving home last night at 3AM after an emotional watch party with our team, I thought about the oath I took fourteen years ago when I graduated from West Point -- to support and defend our Constitution.
 
I understood then what we all know today -- that this country we love only persists because in times of peril, ordinary Americans stand up to protect it.
 
And that's exactly what all of us have done through this campaign. It's been an honor and privilege to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with each of you doing the difficult, and critically important, work of protecting our democracy.
 
It's clear we still have much more work to do. I look forward to working and fighting alongside you as we take back our country.
 
Best, Pat
 
 
P.S. Over the next few days, Rebecca and I are going to take a much-needed break. I look forward to catching up with each of you directly in the coming weeks by phone and/or email. As always, please reach out anytime to me at 845-481-0833.

No comments:

Post a Comment