About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Supporting Washington's natural resources. BOB FERGUSON.

Hi David,

Washington state is home to many precious natural resources, from Puget Sound to the Colville National Forest. It is a major reason that so many of us choose to call this place home. As a fourth-generation Washingtonian, I’m proud of my family’s history homesteading on the beautiful Skagit River. I’ve hiked hundreds of miles of Washington trails and climbed many of the state's highest peaks, and shared many of these experiences with my young kids, Jack and Katie.

I take my work as attorney general protecting Washington’s environment and public lands seriously. We have an obligation to ensure we can not only continue enjoying our environment but, most importantly, also preserve the health and safety of future generations living on this planet. That’s why I have filed 25 lawsuits against President Trump and his administration to protect Washington state’s environment and public lands.

I defeated the Trump administration’s efforts to loosen regulations on gillnetting, which threatens dolphins, humpback whales, sea turtles, and other endangered marine wildlife.

I defeated the Trump administration’s attempt to restart federal coal leasing on public lands without evaluating the environmental and health impacts.

And remember when Trump and his corrupt Secretary of the Interior proposed opening up Washington’s coast to offshore drilling? I told them they would see me in court. I organized the “Save Our Coast” hike with scientists, conservationists, tribal leaders, authors, poets, environmental and elected leaders to draw attention to Washington’s wild coast. The result? The Trump administration backed down.

More than half of the 46 lawsuits I’ve filed against Trump and half of the victories we’ve won in court (21-0) have been focused on preserving our state’s land, water, and air.

But right now, Washington’s public lands are being threatened not only by the Trump administration but also by powerful special interests and the politicians in their pockets who want to sell our natural resources off.


As...Attorney General, I will continue fighting for the health and well-being of our environment -- because we can’t afford for our natural resources, or our future, to end up in the wrong hands.

-Bob




No comments:

Post a Comment