About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Friday, May 17, 2019

Roe v. Wade is in danger. JENNIFER WEXTON.


David,

Last week in Georgia, the governor signed a bill to outlaw all abortions after six weeks.

This week, Alabama lawmakers passed an even more extreme law that criminalizes nearly all abortions, punishes women, and leaves no exceptions for rape and incest.

These unconstitutional laws are designed to overturn Roe v. Wade, and Republican legislators are hoping it goes all the way to the Supreme Court.

Whatever happens, I pledge to keep fighting for the truth I know: a woman’s healthcare decisions should be made between her and her doctor, not the government.

Please stand with me now to affirm your support for the right to choose. If enough folks sign, we will show that the American people reject the blatant attacks on women.
When I was in the Virginia State Senate, I fought against Republican laws that placed undue restrictions on the right to choose. I championed bills to remove unnecessary waiting periods and repeal TRAP laws targeted at women’s health clinics.

I am disgusted by the all-out assault on reproductive freedom that Republican legislators around the country have launched in recent days, and I’m very concerned about this Supreme Court chipping away at abortion rights.

We must fight back. Please, join me in this fight and add your name immediately.

Thank you,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment