About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Saturday, May 11, 2019

MY MOTHER IS MY INSPIRATION. JENNIFER BOYSKO.


Dear David,

As Mother's Day arrives, I am reminded about my motivation to run for office. My mom Dianne struggled as a single mom. You may have heard my story. She dropped out of college to marry my dad when she was 19. The marriage was not a success and when I was about 8 years old, my mom found herself on her own with 3 children to care for with no job experience. 

Long story short, working to make ends meet she suffered wage theft and a series of minimum wage jobs with no sick leave. With help from her father, she was finally able to go back to school to become a nurse. When I was in the 6th grade I was so proud to see her graduate.

As she raised me, she made sure that I didn't make the same mistakes. She made it her mission to see me graduate from college. Seeing my mother struggle, like so many other women who are forced to manage with no resources, is what has motivated me to spend my life in public service.

Thank you Mama, and thank you to the countless other women who are living paycheck to paycheck to take care of their children. Your love and sacrifice does not go unnoticed.

Happy Mother's Day!

Kindest regards,
 - Sen. Jennifer Boysko

No comments:

Post a Comment