About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Friday, May 24, 2019

I'm calling on Ben Carson to resign. JENNIFER WEXTON.


David, today I called on HUD Secretary Ben Carson to resign.

He lied to me and to the American people during Congressional testimony. He lied about his department’s commitment to protecting the rights of transgender Americans. I’m a former prosecutor, and I take lies seriously.

Ben Carson is attacking our LGBTQ community and lying about it. Please join me in demanding his resignation.
On Tuesday, when Carson appeared before the House Financial Services Committee, I asked him about HUD’s “equal-access” rule -- which protects transgender Americans in HUD programs (including homeless shelters) from discrimination.

I’ve seen what Donald Trump’s administration thinks of LGTBQ rights, and I was worried that HUD may gut the equal-access rule. But Ben Carson said: “I’m not currently anticipating changing the rule.”

This was a lie. The very next day, his department proposed a new rule: to let federally funded shelters deny transgender people access.

Ben Carson made a false statement before Congress because he didn’t want to answer for his administration’s discriminatory policies.

The American people deserve better. Let’s show that we demand accountability by getting 10,000 signatures for Ben Carson’s resignation. Add your name now!

Thank you,

Jennifer

Rep. Jennifer Wexton proudly serves the 10th District of Virginia. She's fighting to create a strong economy, ensure equality for all, and invest in a better future for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment