About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Monday, September 2, 2019

LABOR DAY. JENNIFER WEXTON.


David,

From the 40-hour workweek, to the end of child labor, to safer workplace conditions, we have so much to thank the American labor movement for. Today, on Labor Day, we honor their history -- and we reflect on all that is still left to achieve in the fight for workers' rights.

I remain committed to expanding paid family and medical leave. I will not stop fighting to close the gender pay gap. And I am tirelessly working to stop all discrimination in the workplace against the LGBTQ community.

The success of our workers means a stronger country for all of us. We must never forget that -- and we must remain vigilant against all efforts to roll back workers' rights.

I’m proud to stand with our workers and unions. And while today is a day of rest, tomorrow we continue the fight for workplace rights.

Thank you,

Jennifer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment