About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Thursday, September 17, 2020

SEPTEMBER 22nd: MEET THE SECOND SERVICE COALITION. MAURA SULLIVAN.

 

David,

In the Marines, I learned what it means to serve something bigger than myself. Amidst what has been a troubling year in our politics, the remarkable service veterans I ran alongside in 2018 have given me hope. They've shown us that when Members of Congress put country before party and service before self, it can forever change the face of our politics.

Recognizing the need to increase the number of service veterans in Congress, Reps. Mikie Sherrill, Jason Crow, Chrissy Houlahan, and Max Rose formed the Second Service Coalition to support the nine service veterans we helped elect in 2018, as well as usher in the next class of veteran candidates. The candidates they've endorsed to join them in Congress have served our country in the military, the foreign service, and in the classroom. They're running in some of the most competitive swing districts across the country, and I'm thrilled to support them all.

I'm proud to call many members of this coalition my friends. I served with Elissa Slotkin and Dan Feehan at the Pentagon in the Obama administration, and I got to know Mikie Sherrill, Chrissy Houlahan, and Max Rose on the campaign trail in 2018. More than just friendship, I'm so enthusiastic about this coalition because I know that they embody the values of servant leadership that Washington so desperately needs.

I hope you'll join me in supporting these inspirational leaders. The Second Service Coalition will hold its final fundraiser of the election cycle from 6:30-8:30PM on Tuesday, September 22nd and your support would make all the difference.

RSVP and contribute here, and I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!

In service,
Maura Sullivan



 @maurasullivan 
 @maurasullivan 
 @MauraSullivanNH
 

Paid for by Maura Sullivan for Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment