About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

WHAT WE SAW LAST WEEK. SENATOR MARK KELLY.

 

                              SENATOR MARK KELLY.

David —

What we saw last week on Capitol Hill was a national disgrace.

We all witnessed the violence and chaos when individuals, encouraged by the president, stormed the Capitol and attempted to overturn the election.

First and foremost, let me be clear: Those who committed these crimes should be prosecuted. Period.

This is America. For more than 200 years we have had fair elections and peaceful transitions of power.

That’s what our Constitution outlines. And that is what I swore an oath to uphold and defend when I served in the United States Navy, and again when I put my hand on the Bible last month in the United States Senate.

We are in the midst of a global pandemic. People are hurting in this country. Millions have lost their jobs. Families are going hungry. Many are worried about how they are going to pay their mortgages and rent and stay in their homes.

We have to continue working to help the people of Arizona, and the people of this country, get through this deadly pandemic.

America has succeeded because, even in moments of great division, we have been able to work together to solve our common challenges.

That is my focus in the coming days, weeks, and months ahead. Thank you for standing with me in that effort.

All my best,

Mark Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment