About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Friday, April 20, 2018

Why Mike Huckabee and Tom Cotton are attacking me on Twitter. U.S. SENATOR JEANNE SHAHEEN. (info@jeanneshaheen.org)

Here’s how Wednesday went, David:
In the morning, Republican Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton took to Twitter to attack me. Then that afternoon, former presidential contender Mike Huckabee piled on, too!
Why? Because I had the nerve to stand up for women and our right to choose.
David, here’s something Tom and Mike should know: I won’t be intimidated – I’m going to keep fighting for international family planning and women’s reproductive rights.
I’ll be up for reelection soon, and Republicans like Cotton and Huckabee are going to do everything they can to replace me with an anti-choice extremist who’d make it harder for women to get the health care they need. 
This is 2018. A woman’s health care choices should be between her and her doctor. I’m proud to stand with you and for a woman’s right to make her own reproductive health care decisions.
Thank you for this.
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment