About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Join Bernie Sanders - Become a citizen co-sponsor of his Medicare for All bill.


DAVID -
When I introduced my Medicare for all legislation in 2013, I couldn’t find a single Senator to co-sponsor the bill.

At that time, the idea that health care should be a right for every man, woman and child in this country was considered “radical” or “fringe” by members of the corporate media and political establishment.

But today Medicare for all is a mainstream position in the Democratic Party. Last time in introduced the bill, it had 16 co-sponsors in the Senate. Next time, I hope it will have more.

If you make your voice heard, I believe it will:

Become a Citizen Co-sponsor of my Medicare-for-all, single-payer health care bill. Click this link to add your name and I will carry your message with me whenever anyone asks.

All of us get sick.

All of us need medicine.

All of us have accidents.

All of us need good quality health care.

And in my view, the function of a rational health care system in this country should be to provide quality care for everyone in a cost-effective way, not to make health industry CEOs richer or drive up stock prices on Wall Street.

Unfortunately, even as support for Medicare for all grows, we are still taking on much of the political and financial establishment in this fight. The insurance companies and drug companies in this country are extraordinarily powerful, and they are not going down without a fight.

If we are serious about providing high-quality and affordable health care, the only real solution is a Medicare-for-all, single-payer system that provides health care to ALL Americans, including the 50 million uninsured and underinsured in this country.

Help me send that message to my colleagues today:

Become a Citizen Co-sponsor of my Medicare-for-all, single-payer health care bill. Click this link to add your name and I will carry your message with me whenever anyone asks.

Sisters and Brothers: In this pivotal moment in American history, let us lead our country forward to guarantee health care as a right and not a privilege. This is a struggle whose time has come. This is a struggle not just about health care but about the heart and soul of our country, about what we stand for as a people.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders
Paid for by Friends of Bernie Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment