About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Thursday, November 8, 2018

My record speaks for itself. STATE SENATE CANDIDATE JENNIFER BOYSKO.

Dear David,

After Congresswoman-Elect Jennifer Wexton's amazing victory yesterday, I announced that I am running to become your Democratic candidate for Virginia's 33rd State Senate District. Jennifer will be vacating the seat when she goes to Washington to serve us. I've focused all year to help her win her seat. In fact, I've been working to flip this seat for the better part of 2 decades with many of you! Now that her race is complete, today I would like to tell you more about myself and my record, so that you know you can count on me to stand up for you and your rights in Richmond.

For 22 years, I have worked tirelessly to build an inclusive and vibrant environment here in Northern Virginia. I first got involved in Virginia politics working on Howard Dean’s Presidential campaign in 2003, eventually becoming the campaign’s Statewide Director. I have been a longtime grassroots organizer, helping Democrats up and down the ticket in the Dulles area over the past 15 years. I flipped the 86th District from Red to Blue when I was elected to Virginia’s House of Delegates in 2015. In that race, the Republicans threw everything they had at me, spending over $1.2 million. During the 2017 cycle, I also served as the Finance Chair for the House Democratic Caucus and played a large role in raising money to help our 15 new members win their seats (all while facing my own race which I won with 68% of the vote). 

The 86th District is now solidly Blue. I am being called now to help in the Senate.To tell you about my earlier work, I have served my community in many leadership roles over the past 22 years. As a board member for NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, as a Stephens Minister and a member of the Diocean Council at my church, a member of the Democratic State Central Committee and in the PTSA in my daughters' school. As a leader in Northern Virginia politics, I helped found the Dulles Area Democrats, bringing Loudoun County and Fairfax County Democrats together across jurisdictional boundaries. At the local level, I worked for Dranesville County Supervisor John Foust covering education, human services, housing and land use and transportation planning for nearly 6 years. In that capacity I made sure that we worked across jurisdictions to have a regional focus because traffic and roads don't stop at the county border at the staff level. I understand local and regional issues we face in the Dulles Corridor.

We have to keep the 33rd Senate seat and I am ready for the fight, no matter who the Republicans put up against me. A special primary on Saturday, Nov. 17th will determine who takes over Wexton’s seat for the remainder of her term. We only have 10 days to raise funds for our campaign and could really use your help.
I am a battle-tested, dedicated progressive who wants to serve you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment