About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Friday, August 17, 2018

BIG Win. U.S. REPRESENTATIVE DAVID CICILLINE.



Dear David, 

Earlier this week, my proposal to provide new resources for local manufacturing economies like Rhode Island’s was signed into law. 

This is a big win for Rhode Island workers. When they’re given a level playing field, Rhode Islanders will outwork and outperform any competitors. As a result of this new law, which I’ve been pressing my colleagues to pass since I first got to Congress, the Department of Defense will provide long-term investments in critical skills, infrastructure, research and development, and small businesses to strengthen national security innovation.

I’m looking forward to working with our private, public, and non-profit sectors to make sure Rhode Island can take full advantage of this opportunity. I’ll make sure to keep you informed of the work we’re doing.

Roundtable 

Earlier today, I hosted a roundtable discussion with Rhode Island millennials to talk about the Democratic plan to clean up corruption in Washington. Democrats are committed to fixing our broken political system and returning to a government of, by, and for the people. That means taking power back from the special interests and making Washington work for the people.

Specifically, Democrats will:

1) Empower American voters by protecting the right to vote and safeguarding our election infrastructure;

2) Strengthen our nation’s ethics laws to end the revolving door in Washington and rein in the influence of lobbyists and big-money donors;

3) And fix our broken campaign system by ending the scourge of “dark money” and passing the DISCLOSE Act.

Click here to watch today’s discussion for yourself.

Providence Fire 

Providence Fire Fighters put their lives on the line every day to protect Rhode Islanders. Our brave first responders deserve access to the best equipment and training available to them so that they can do their jobs safely and effectively.

That’s why I’m so pleased that, along with Senators Reed and Whitehouse and Congressman Langevin, I announced nearly $1 million in new federal funding that the Providence Fire Department will use to provide additional training for 173 Fire Fighters. I advocated directly with FEMA to secure this funding, and I’m proud that we delivered results for our first responders. Click here to learn more about this important announcement.

Shannon Bream 

Last night, I spoke with Shannon Bream of Fox News about the work that Democrats are going to do if we’re entrusted with a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Democrats are fighting for the people. We know that the American people want a Congress that will drive down the cost of health care, create good-paying jobs and raise family incomes, and end the pervasive corruption in Washington. These are three things that President Trump promised to do. He’s failed to deliver on all three.

Some folks have asked why I even bother to go on Fox News given that much of its audience and its hosts lean to the right. The fact is that if we want to make real progress on the challenges we face, then we have to be willing to have conversations with folks we disagree with. I’m always going to stand strong and fight for the values I believe in, but that doesn’t mean I have to tune out everyone on the other side.

Click here to watch my interview from last night and let me know what you think. 

As always, if you or someone you know has any questions or concerns, please call my office at 729-5600 or send me an email at David.Cicilline@mail.house.gov. 

You can also click here to follow my work on Twitter. 


Warm Regards,
 
David Cicilline
Member of Congress  

No comments:

Post a Comment