About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Protect Social Security. U.S. SENATOR JEANNE SHAHEEN.

Let's set the record straight, David: Republicans' so-called "paid family leave" plan is simply a cruel trick to slash Social Security and further burden working families.
Under the GOP's plan, parents would be faced with an impossible choice: If you take paid leave today – to care for a newborn daughter or a sick father – you'll be penalized and      won't get your long-promised Social Security benefits on time.
It's unacceptable and un-American.
This plan overwhelmingly discriminates against struggling Americans, whose employment packages give them fewer days off and less flexibility.
No family should be forced to decide between caring for a loved one and retiring with dignity – which is why I'm fighting this bill with everything I've got. 
But I need you to join me in this fight:
Thank you,
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment