About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Thursday, February 1, 2018

DONALD TRUMPS SOTUS- COMMENTS BEFORE AND AFTER. #5.

.ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR THE STATE OF VIRGINIA, MARK HERRING. 
A year ago today.
David: One year ago today, I decided to take a stand against intolerance and discrimination, officially challenging the Trump administration's bigoted travel ban.
To me, the choice was clear: The ban was – and remains – unjust, unconstitutional and un-American. It was intended to stoke fear, division and distrust in our communities, trying to mask the worst kind of discrimination with mounds of legal jargon. But I saw the ban for exactly what it was, and so did the federal judge who heard our case and blocked the ban.
Looking back, I couldn’t be prouder of how Virginians acted that week. When I rushed to Dulles International Airport, I was met by dozens of Virginians who were protesting the ban and welcoming to our country the very people the Trump administration had tried to keep out.
All these months later, I want you to know that I’m going to keep fighting for these principles every day of this new term – and that I’ll never, ever shy away from speaking out for every person who calls our Commonwealth home, no matter where they’re from, how they pray or who they love.
Of course, the work isn’t over. There’ll be more challenges to come, but with you by my side, ready to fight for what’s right and what’s decent, I know that we’ll be more than ready to take on any of the challenges that this new year brings.
Thank you for all you’ve done this past year, David – now let’s get back to work!
Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment