About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Friday, December 22, 2017

What did you think of my vote last night? U.S. SENATOR CHRIS MURPHY.

Sunset, Love, Peace, Happiness, Light


David -
Last night, I voted against something called a "Continuing Resolution" (CR) -- a short term spending bill to fund the government. I want to tell you why, and then ask if you agree with my decision.

Normally I vote for these CRs, but I had to make a different choice last night. I just could not, in good conscience, vote to send Congress home for vacation while leaving so many Dreamers and families who rely on the Children's Health Insurance Program filled with anxiety about their futures over the holiday.

Here's the truth: Republicans in Congress have known about this deadline for months, but they were too busy working toward passing a disastrous tax bill for the ultra-rich and powerful to spend any serious time preparing to take care of the other 99 percent. 

So, that's why I voted no. What do you think about my choice?

I also want to be upfront with you about future votes. I will not vote for any long-term deal that betrays Connecticut's values and ignores our priorities. I will never stop fighting for these Dreamers and for families who need our help.

Thanks for letting me know how you feel about my vote.
Chris Murphy.

NORMALLY, SENATOR, I WOULD NOT COMMENT.  HOWEVER, I WILL MAKE AN EXCEPTION IN THIS CASE: 

YOUR DECISION EXEMPLIFIES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTING LIKE A SELF-INTERESTED POLITICIAN, AND MAKING A DECISION AS A SELFLESS PUBLIC SERVANT, WHO WORKS FOR THE INTERESTS OF ALL,

DAVID.

No comments:

Post a Comment