About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Today's Vote. NEW YORK CONGRESSIONAL CAND. PAT RYAN.

David --
 
John Faso’s Republican allies just voted -- for the second time -- to pass a tax bill that will be destructive to the 19th District. 
 
GOP leadership gave Faso permission to vote against the bill -- but only because they knew it was going to pass. His vote was entirely to protect himself in 2018, and came after he actually praised the bill for helping small businesses when it does the exact opposite.
 
The tax scheme sticks working people with the bill for a huge giveaway to big corporations and the super-rich, sets the stage for devastating cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and bloats our national debt.
 
And yet, once again, Faso sat on the fence to appease his Republican donors...
 
If I knew a bill would harm my constituents, I wouldn't rest until I convinced my colleagues to find a better solution. 
 
 The people of this district -- and this country -- deserve better than the repeated failures of leadership that have defined John Faso’s time in Washington.
 
-- Pat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment