About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Monday, November 11, 2019

VETERANS DAY. KIM OLSEN, CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE, TEXAS 24TH DISTRICT.


David,

At just 21 years old, I joined the Air Force and at that young age, how could I have foreseen that I would serve for a quarter of a century and become one of the first female pilots to rise to the rank of Colonel? All I knew was that I wanted to serve my nation in uniform. Today, we honor the millions of Americans who also answered this call of duty.

The sacrifices made by veterans across America are countless. Many veterans display visible signs of what was lost, while too many others carry those invisible scars. We owe it to all veterans to ensure that no one who served is left behind in our society. That’s why I lead Grace After Fire, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women make the challenging jump from military to civilian life.

So today, instead of simply thanking a veteran, think about how you can support those veterans who are hurting.

I am running for Congress because that call I heard as a 21-year-old still rings true. Washington needs more veterans and fewer career politicians. If we come together to elect pragmatic leaders instead of partisan ideologues, we can make a difference not just for millions of veterans, but for all Americans.

Still in service,

Kim Olson, Col, USAF, ret.

 


Kim Olson is a farmer, combat veteran, and champion for education. After 25 years in the Air Force, Kim served three years in the Texas State Guard and started a non-profit to help women veterans. Now, she's taking on our broken Congress and running to represent TX-24. Chip in and help Kim fly through to victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment