About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

THE YEAR AHEAD. Virginia Congressional Candidate JENNIFER WEXTON.

 

David,
2017 was a challenging year. But as I look back on the last 12 months, I think first of the resilience grassroots Democrats...exhibited.

From the Women’s Marches across the country last January to the outpouring of grassroots support for campaigns like ours, concerned Americans came together last year to stand up for our values and resist Donald Trump’s dangerous agenda. Protesters raised their voices and helped defeat the first Republican health care bill. 

Voters here in Virginia elected Ralph Northam governor in a sweeping Democratic wave. In Alabama, they elected a Democratic senator for the first time in 25 years.
So, David, 2017 was hard. But we accomplished so much together.

Now we need to build on this progress. And as I look forward to the year ahead, I know my 2018 resolution: Defeat Barbara Comstock.

It’s not going to be easy -- she’s an entrenched incumbent with the Republican establishment and special interests propping her up. We’re going to have to fight every day to win.

...I surpassed my end-of-year fundraising goal last night, and we’re heading into the New Year strong. 
Thank you,
Jennifer.


No comments:

Post a Comment