About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Sunday, March 31, 2024

WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING MARCH, 19th- MARCH, 30th,2024.




My attendance at the AMERICAN PHILOSOPHICAL ASSOCIATION PACIFIC CONFERENCE (PORTLAND OREGON.), and an extended vacation in the State of OREGON has resulted in a lack of material published in the couple of weeks. I'm looking to get back to work on a regular basis.

The Conference was well organized and the presentation of the Papers was well done. The sessions I attended consisted of a Chairperson, Main Speaker, and a Commentator. This was followed by comments and questions from the audience. The Topics represented a wide range within the Discipline of Philosophy. I was able to attend sessions on 3 Days during the 4 Day Conference. This included the Fields of Ethics, Logic, and Political Philosophy.

Unfortunately, I arrived in Portland quite under the weather, (Pre-Existing condition, not communicable), and fought the "Flare-Up" all during my stay and return. This resulted in my not attending any of the "SOCIAL" Events held during the conference. 

The rest of my Vacation was spent with my Sister and Brother-in- Law who live in EUGENE. I got to visit the campus of the Univ. of OREGON, as well as their Natural History Museum, and Art Museum. (Well worth it). Also, got a view of Autzen Stadium, home of Ducks Football. Beautiful Stadium.

My final visit was to a Museum in Portland called the "PECULARIUM", "FREAKY BUT TRUE." I would disagree with the "...but true..." statement as an absolute, but it was very entertaining.

A trip to the Coast was a treat, an awesome view. (The Inclimate Weather prevented many pictures from outside the car).

All in All, a nice trip with a Conference that was everything I expected, PORTLAND is a Major Metropolitan City with Museums, Sites, and Trips to keep you occupied for Days, and EUGENE is a smaller more suburban city that is Welcoming and Well Laid Out that offers its own set of activities.

(One thing I never realized, but observation caused me to notice one thing: The number of Sheep Ranches that are present, especially on our trip from EUGENE to the Coast. This is in no way a criticism, OREGONS Landscape, from TALL TIMBERS, The COAST, The MOUNTAINS could be Breathtaking. IT SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING, BUT MY INTERACTION WITH THE CITIZENS OF OREGON WAS ALMOST UNIVERSALLY PLEASANT, A VERY POLITE AND RESPECTFUL POPULACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment