About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Indianapolis mass shooting. SANDY HOOK PROMISE.

 


David

Last Friday, I woke up to the news of yet another mass shooting – this time in Indianapolis at  a FedEx facility, where eight people were murdered. In less than a month, there have been horrific mass shootings in Atlanta, Boulder, Orange County and now Indianapolis – and many more that never made the national news.

Each shooting brings me right back to the moment my life as I knew it ended – the moment I learned that my sweet little Daniel had been murdered in his first-grade classroom. My heart breaks for the families whose loved ones will never come home – because I know the pain never goes away.

I feel angry. I feel defeated. I feel like I've failed them.

But more than anything, I blame Congress for years of inaction. While we don't have all the details about this latest mass shooting yet, we know the legislative solutions we need to prevent gun violence. Now it's time to pass them before the next tragedy – starting with a bipartisan background checks bill.

Every moment this legislation sits in the Senate without a vote, more lives are at risk. That's why I'm personally asking you to join me and help us reach 100,000 people by tomorrow standing together to demand senators immediately expand background checks to keep guns out of dangerous hands. Please, will you sign your name now?

Please click here to add your name to demand the Senate finally pass the bipartisan background checks bill that we know will prevent future tragedies and save precious lives from gun violence.

I still carry a photo of my sweet little Daniel with me everywhere – not because I want people to feel sorry for me, but because I want them to look at the human toll of gun violence.

For my little boy, for all the lives we've lost and for the lives we can still save – thank you for speaking out today to demand action. Together, we can end this madness.

Mark Barden (Daniel's father)

Sandy Hook Promise Action Fund
PO Box 3489, Newtown, CT 06470, United States




empowered by Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment