About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

3 Elections. One Baby. And a Pandemic. PAT RYAN.



Hello David,

I can't believe we're a week away from what is without a doubt the most consequential election of our lifetimes. It feels like just yesterday, in the wake of the 2016 elections, that I felt called to step into the arena to help rebuild our politics and work towards a more progressive future. Over the last few years, I've been humbled and honored to meet and receive support from so many great people. More than anything, I just want to thank you for supporting me and so many other candidates that have been part of this wave of people working inch by inch from the ground level to restore our democracy and build the Democratic party.

Personally, these last few years have been a wild - but amazing - ride! Starting with a congressional campaign where I was part of ultimately flipping a priority Red-to-Blue district, driving record voter turnout, and advocating for bold changes on pressing issues from ending gun violence to enacting universal healthcare.

 

Then having this incredible opportunity to serve the place where I grew up as Ulster County Executive.

Especially during this last year, having the chance to not only step up and lead our coordinated response to the COVID-19 crisis, but to implement a Green New Deal for Ulster County, build a more equitable economy, tackle the opioid epidemic, implement and push for needed justice reforms and more —that's exactly why I sought public office in the first place.

 

 

So as we look ahead to this critical election - a watershed moment for our country - let’s also take a brief moment to look back and be proud of what we've accomplished. We’ve mobilized an unprecedented wave of engagement and activism, inspired people across the country to run for office at every level, and fought hard for important policy changes and reforms. Seeing how all of us have come together and worked tirelessly over the last four years, I am confident that there will be more progress and opportunity to celebrate in the coming weeks. 

 

As I reflect back, I also recognize that none of this would have been possible without you believing in and supporting me. Thank you for having my back since day one and helping put me in a position to once again be “of service” at such a critical moment. We have much more hard work ahead, but with your continued support I know we can and will emerge from this moment of darkness back into the light. 

 

I look forward to connecting again soon, and in the meantime I hope you and your loved ones remain healthy and safe. 

 

Best,

 

P.S. The other big thing that's kept Rebecca and I busy over the last year is having our first child, Theo, which has been a humbling reminder of why the work that each of us is doing to build a better future for his generation is so urgent and important.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment