About Me

My photo
SEEKONK, MASSACHUSETTS, United States

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

STATE OF THE UNION. KAMALA HARRIS.










David,
For the past two years under this Administration, the people in power have tried to convince us that the villain in the American story is each other.

That is not our story. That is not who we are. Tonight, before Donald Trump’s State of the Union address, I'm calling on you to join me in the fight for a different American story.

I believe in an America where the economy works for working people. An America where health care is a fundamental right -- not a privilege for those who can afford it. An America where every parent can send their children to school without being haunted by the awful specter of another killing spree.

I believe in an America where our daughters, sisters, mothers, and grandmothers are respected. Where reproductive rights are guaranteed in every state in this land.

I believe in an America where our democracy and its institutions are protected against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Where we are focused on making it easier for all eligible voters to cast a ballot -- not harder.
You won’t hear Trump talk about this America tonight -- but that’s the America we believe in; the America I’m ready to fight for.

We have a long road ahead of us, but I know there’s nothing we can’t do if we work together and fight for what’s right.
Thanks for all you do,

— Kamala

No comments:

Post a Comment